Friday, August 05, 2005

Because I Got Nothin'

So, I am going to wimp out and post my favorite songs. Of course I cheated, who in the world can just list ten? What are you going to do about it, huh? That's what I thought.

Although, I have to add the caveat that if you had me post this list again in a month, it probably won't be the same.

Unforgettable Fire- U2 What can I say about this song? The Edge is the best guitar player, period, and Bono's tortured wails always get to me.

Comfortably Numb-Pink Floyd I love listening to this song. It is so melodic, and I don't care if it is supposed to be about drugs or whatever, I still like it.

Ah! Leah!-Donnie Iris This is a great song that gets me moving every time I hear it. And who can resist a song that has not just one, but two exclamation points in the title?

Future Love Paradise-Seal Seal has a great voice, and I love textured melodies, and this one has the best of both.

Longer-Dan Fogelberg This song is so sweet and unabashadly sentimental, it brings my relationship with Hubba-hubba to mind.

American Dreaming-Dead Can Dance I wrote about this song before, and I have a serious crush on the voice of the singer, it is one of the sexiest male voices out there.

Vespers-Rachmaninoff Yes, it is a bunch of different songs, but because they all comprise the sacred evening worship ritual, I am going to put the whole thing on here. Talk aobut heaven on earth! The voices and harmonies are just so beautiful, they are practically trance-inducing.

Just Another Day-Oingo Boingo I think they are a great band, and this is their best song, in my humble opinion. And no, it isn't a coincidence.

Don't Worry-The Beach Boys Again, a great band and this is my favorite one from them. I love the slower tempo of this song.

Red Rain-Peter Gabriel This song sates my appetite for percussion and complex melodies.

Something About You-Level 42 How could I not include mine and Hubba-hubba's song?

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face-Alison Moyet Yes, Roberta Flack did a wonderful job for the original, but Alison is a white woman with a lotta soul. This was the song we danced to at our wedding.

Take Me Out to the Ballgame-Jack Norworth I sing this heartily every time I hear it, and it always brings back tons of memories of all the baseball games I have attended.

I'd Die Without You-PM Dawn Although the title is a bit melodramatic, that is what this band is all about.

Sara-Fleetwood Mac A haunting song that I never get tired of listening to.

4 comments:

Cuppa said...

This post reminds me that I wanted to ask you something. The last time you mentioned American Dreaming - Dead Can Dance. I went out to get it from the library so I could listen to it. They couldn't find it and neither can I. Can you send me more info?

Now I am going to try to track down the Vespers one you mentioned. That one sounds great too.

Elizabeth said...

"...sacred evening worship ritual"

Ok...who can guess what the sacred evening worship ritual is?

Hehehehehe.

The Unforgettable Fire isn't considered one of the better U2 albums but I listened to it constantly back in the day and love just about every song.

Groovy list. Have a good weekend.

Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

I'd totally forgotten about that PM Dawn song. You're right, that is a great song.

Suzanne said...

I love "Something about You". LOVE it. Really. One of my favorites. What good taste you have!