The Lowdown

OK, so I signed up to answer some questions from Mel, and here they are in all their glory:

1) Descibe the best vacation you ever had.

That would definitely have to be the surprise trip to San Francisco that Hubba-hubba arranged all by his lonesome. If you knew him, you would be in complete awe that he actually made travel arrangements on his own. He had told me that we were going to Las Vegas in order for me to arrange for time off from work, but pulled a switcheroo at the last minute. He proposed to me on that trip, in (not up but, in) a tree overlooking the San Fran skyline at sunset. He even memorized a poem to recite, and if you knew him, you would be even more impressed than about the travel arrangement thing.

The best part was when I asked him why, after all the years we had been together, that was the first time he wanted to go to SF. We traveled to so many places, but never there. I had been bugging him about it for literally years, and he always refused, saying, "some other time." He then told me that he had waited to go until he could ask me to marry him, because that is how he wanted to remember his first trip there. Awwwwwww! Somebody pass me my hankie!

2) If money, time, talent, education, etc. were no object, what career would you pursue?

Without a doubt, antique dealer. I looove antique furniture and art, so it would give me great pleasure to deal with something I like so much as part of my job! And, who knows, maybe a gig on "Antiques Roadshow."

3) Would you rather be rich or famous? Why?

Rich. Fame is so fleeting, it is dependent solely upon other people. If they have no interest in you anymore, poof, your fame is gone. Money can be fleeting also, but I think you really have to work at losing lots of it. At least if you lose all your money you have no one but yourself to blame.

4) What were you like as a fifteen year old?

Smart, athletic, self-confident, a goody-two-shoes, and (as I look back) selfish as all get out. And of course, self absorbed, but what 15 year old isn't? I look back on my old journals and letters from high school and just laugh at myself.

5) What was the last book you read?

"The Jane Austen Book Club." It won't be winning any prizes, but frothy, and a nice read all the same. I am not a huge Jane Austen fan, but you don't have to be to like this book.

Comments

Melodee said…
Love it, especially the thing about your husband and the trip to San Francisco!
Hi! Mel sent me!

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll