Random and disjointed

Although I could call this a "randomness" entry, I'm not. It's more a reflection of how disjointed I am today.

I don't know how national the news went, but there was a Metrolink crash yesterday. Well, actually you couldn't really call it a crash because it was apparently deliberately done by some crackhead who left his SUV on the tracks. Even worse, he stayed at the scene and watched as 11 were killed and literally hundreds injured. Supposedly he was suicidal, but I didn't realize that if you were suicidal, you would decide to save just yourself at the last minute and not care if anyone else was hurt. Although I am hearing that the suicidal thing might be a made-up story from him as several witnesses who happened to be police/fire witnessed him cutting his wrists after the accident. What a sick, sick man.

Is it just me or is there any good news anywhere? It is getting so depressing to read the paper anymore, or watch the news. It just seems that I can only take so much bad news before I just wind up blocking most of it out. I don't want to block it out, because I think it is important to know what is going on in the world, but I just can't help myself lately.

Today could have been better. Mr. Personality, who is on a very intermittent napping schedule, slept for 2 1/2 hours. Either he takes no nap at all, or a 2 1/2 hour one. It is starting to drive me nuts. When he takes the long nap, he doesn't fall asleep until 9pm at the earliest, and I am sorry, that is just too damn late for me. I put a call into my pediatrician to ask if he had to have a nap if his sleep total overnight is 12 or more hours. Everything I have read says naps are soooo important to brain development, yada, yada. He is no longer fighting the naps, he will lay down on the bed, but sometimes he just can't go to sleep. Do I have the only child who won't nap when he has to poop?

Also, Mr. Personality threw up at the grocery store. I have no idea why he threw up, he is becoming a "serial vomiter" who just kind of goes off for no known reason. So, I had to leave the all the food at the store and take him home since he was covered in vomit and also quite a bit found its way onto the cart and the floor. At least that was my last planned outing for the day, that's the only bright side of that one that I can think of.

So, I am signing off a little depressed today. Yeah, ok, I am PMS'ing but I swear that has absolutely nothing to do with it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll