What are we going to do?

Hubby is on vacation! Yay! Because of the way the holidays fall this year, he will be using up only 5 days of vacation to get 16 straight days off. The last time he took this much time was when Mr. Personality was born, and he was lucky enough to get three weeks.

Perhaps a year after that, he took about ten days off at one point, and for some reason we had no "plans" to do anything. Partly because Mr. Personality was not quite a year old, and we still didn't have traveling with him down to any kind of science. Mr. Personality is what Dr. Sears lovingly calls a "high needs baby." Well, actually Dr. Sears said that a high needs baby grows into a high needs toddler, into a high needs elementary student... you get the picture.

I was always a little envious of those mothers whose babies sat placidly in their carriers and dozed off, even in noisy restaurants. Mr. Personality could never fall asleep when other people were around, and I can only think of only one instance where he fell asleep in the stroller. But then I thought, did I really want a baby who just sat and stared into nothingness, or would I rather have my bright-eyed interactive boy, who was always drinking in every detail, even at three months?

Well, luckily I decided I wanted the latter, because I am certainly stuck with him now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fallen Between the Cracks

Onward

Friday Poll