Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sigh

I have just raided my son's Halloween candy, like all good mothers must do while their kids are asleep. A full-sized Butterfinger was calling my name, so I took it.
This is my first blog entry, so I am thinking that I must write something pithy, something for the ages. Well, I am too tired, so I am writing whatever comes to mind.
I voted for the loser of the presidential election. I am not going to storm the White House or anything like that, but I am disappointed. The Democrats are a bunch of wusses that cannot get their act together. I can say that because I am one. If John Kerry was the best candidate we could come up with, then we probably deserved to lose.
I just hope that the incumbent can fix the mess in Iraq, trim that damn deficit, find a solution for Social Security, create some well-paying jobs, and try to stem the tide of illegal immigrants, or at least reimburse the states for the cost. Ha, it is good to dream, isn't it?
Sometimes I wonder about the world my son was born into, forced into if you want to get technical about it. I can only hope it is not an irreparable mess once he stands to inherit it. But, don't all mothers wish the same thing? If they do, there is hope yet.

2 comments:

Mel said...

A good start! :)

Hope said...

peace